Who We Are
- The Military Coalition is a group of 34 military, veterans and uniformed services organizations in joint pursuit of the following goals:
- Maintaining a strong national defense provided by recruiting and retaining skilled and highly capable personnel in the seven uniformed services;
- Maintaining uniformed services compensation and benefits at levels sufficient to attract and retain professional uniformed service members for careers of service to the Nation.
- Representing the interests of the entire uniformed services community, including members' families and survivors, and responding to assaults upon the compensation and benefits earned by members of that community through years of dedicated service; and
- Educating the public on the extraordinary demands and sacrifices associated with a career in uniformed service, and the need to maintain a similarly unique system of compensation and benefits to attract and retain the kinds and numbers of high-quality personnel needed to meet the Nation's short- and long-term defense requirements.
The philosophy of The Coalition is that, by working together on issues of mutual agreement, the participating organizations can harness the grassroots support of more than 5.5 million members plus their families and accomplish far more than by working on these initiatives separately. When one or more of the Coalition organizations is invited to testify before Congress, we frequently coordinate the testimony with the other Coalition associations and present it on behalf of the entire Coalition. This lends greater weight and unanimity to the testimony than if it were presented by any individual association
Last Updated: May 21, 2020